Public Relations and Science Communication Expert
The Collaborative Research Center Microplastics links the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Earth Sciences at the University of Bayreuth. In its second funding period (2023-2026), the CRC 1357 investigates the biological effects of microplastics on different organisms; the transport of microplastics in and between air, water and soil; the formation and aging of microplastics, and new approaches to solutions in the field of environmentally friendly plastics. In the new subproject “Public Relations” there is an immediate vacancy for a
Public Relations and Science Communication Expert (m/f/d)
with remuneration according to E13 TV-L and part-time 75%. The position is limited until 31.12.2026.
In our team you will be responsible for a timely, easy to understand and objective internal and external communication and knowledge transfer of scientific results in close cooperation with researchers from the different disciplines. To ensure a constant visibility of the research field in the public, you will be expected to continuously communicate in a target group oriented and targeted manner through various up-to-date channels and formats. Your position will be closely linked to the CRC 1357 Microplastics Office and the University of Bayreuth's Press, Marketing and Communications Service Office and is expected to continue successful analogue and digital formats and events, as well as develop and implement new communication channels and formats.
- A university degree (master's, diploma or equivalent) is required
- Relevant experience in the field of science communication, public relations and event management
- Demonstrable experience in the field of public education and the preparation of content for specific target groups with a particular focus in digital media (website, MOOC, digital educational materials, social media)
- Very good knowledge of German and English (written and spoken)
- Interpersonal/social skills and open-mindedness to work in an international environment
- High flexibility and quick comprehension
- Ability to work independently and in a structured manner and on schedule
Additional Assets would be:
- Research Experience or a PhD in a field relevant to microplastics research
- Experience in working in interdisciplinary project teams and/or in science or project management
- A network in science communication and relevant media
What you can expect:
- Constructive working atmosphere in a friendly, open-minded, interdisciplinary and international team
- Application-oriented science communication in a socially relevant topic
- Room for your own creative ideas
- Opportunities for further training in the field of science communication
- Networking with exciting players from research, politics and science
- Flexible working hours
- Company health management
- Compatibility of family and career
The University of Bayreuth appreciates the diversity of its employees as an enrichment and is explicitly committed to the goal of equal opportunities for men and women. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with children are very welcome. The University of Bayreuth is a member of the Best Practice Club "Familie in der Hochschule e.V.", and has successfully participated in the HRK audit "Internationalization of the University". Persons with severe disabilities will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified.
Please apply online via the application portal of the University of Bayreuth with meaningful application documents (CV; letter of motivation; certificates), indicating the keyword "SFB 1357 - Ö01". Please include the letter of motivation and the application documents in one file, if possible. The documents will be deleted after filling the position according to the requirements of data protection.
For further inquiries please contact:
Prof. Dr. Christian Laforsch, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +049 (0)921- 55-2650
SFB Mikroplastik Office, Dr. Melanie Pöhlmann, email@example.com, Phone +49 (0)921 / 55-2062